The feather duster is out on BREPNation.com!
It's time to wipe away almost two years of dust, borrow Skurat's overused power washer to clean the tailgate grill and locate everything we need for our return to the black lot after almost a 2-year hiatus.
It all begins three weeks from tonight -- Rutgers vs. Temple, 6:30 p.m. at SHI* Stadium!
Just a few logistical points, in case anyone was wondering.
RU is relying largely on a mobile-ticket setup this year, which got me mentally prepared to manage 1,300 texts a week about who's coming to a game, or not or to whom we're transferring tickets and then to have those tickets transferred to someone else. But our ticket agent called Tuesday to say he preemptively selected old-fashioned paper tickets for us. So I'll distribute those at or before the first tailgate.
I forgot to ask our agent, but I'm guessing, too, the parking tags will be physical rather than mobile (as they'll be for most ticket holders). We've got 5 again.
I can't tell for sure but the website makes it look like the lower Black lot's open again. We'll see.
Regarding Temple, it's a bit early to discuss, but if we're keeping with tradition and going the route of the opponent's city's primary food or pigout stop, I'm happy to grill cheesesteaks, which seem popular, with homefries on the side. I'm off that Thursday and Friday and can pretty much head up at any time (2:30-3?), but recognize some in the group will be working and/or bypassing the tailgate (including BRESM - Big Red Elvis Servant's Mom).
- As a Delaware alum, we've invited a bunch of Kathy's friends from her days as a Blue Fowl; so it should be a big crew and a fun time on Sept. 18.
- We'll be visiting
BRES Stan from College Park at UMD the same weekend as Ohio State on Oct. 2 (he wins out over Kaitlyn for dual "Parents Weekend" days, since the kid'll be back at RU residing at Newell on Cook and likely at most RU games), so if someone's in need of two tickets or wanna trade for another lemme know.
- We need to locate the newly repackaged Schaefer. Keep an eye out.
- Andrea, don't get any ideas about becoming a Terrapin fan just because there's another one among us now, compounding Dana's pain as a UMD parent. It's merely for grossly expensive educational purposes only.
The 2021 home schedule:
- Thursday, Sept. 2, Temple, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 18, Delaware, 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 2, Ohio State, TBD
- Saturday, Oct. 9, Michigan State, Noon
- Saturday, Nov. 6, Wisconsin, TBD (Breeders Cup Saturday)
- Saturday, Nov. 27, Maryland, TBD (Thanksgiving Weekend)